Sunday, May 22, 2005

On a Roll


I guess I've come to expect certain things from life. You know, general things like love and disappointment, certain people and some happiness. But then you wake up one morning and everything you thought you could count on has come crashing down. This is not necessarily a bad thing. It's just the way it is, out of my control. It turns out the only thing you can really count on is that everything earthly is in constant flux. Change is the only true human reality. Eternity still feels too far away and, for me sometimes, is still in the realm of the invisible.

Photo by Leo Posted by Hello

Comments:
Leo, can you block "Anonymous?"
 
Very good commentary, Leo.

Dale Carnegie wrote in his 1948 book "How to Stop Worrying and Start Living" about certain inevitabilities in life that are useless to worry about. The great "it is so" of the universe is immutable, and so we must be calm and occasionally expect and plan for the worst.

By the way, is that a liquor aisle I see in the background?
 
HA-HA! I just deleted the asinine comment by "Anonymous."

Don't mess with the Three Amigos.
 
And I always assumed we were four, at least around here
 
Nitsa, don't feel bad. Ted often makes social gaffes like that. He's from Ohio, where they just blurt out the first thing that comes into their head. In fact, Ohio is an old Native American term (Ouwhahyo) that means "If I only insult one person this day, I have failed in the eyes of the Great Spirit."
 
What did I miss? Anonymous commentary? Shoot, I hate that. Was it good? I like railing on assinine commentary, you know that. Yeah Ted. It's like the Dumas mistake of only 3 musketeers. Leaving Nitsa out is like ignoring D'artagnan (personally, my favorite musketeer after Annette).

And, yes, that is the liquor aisle in the local Kroger-esque franchise. We were checking out.
 
She's no Amigo.


Amiga, perhaps.
 
Mea maxima culpa. Thou art correct. I dost stand chastisd. Definitely Amiga.

Your humble servant
 
Yeah, but you shoulda included her. -CB
 
Oh, I always do.

But that "anony" person .... WHACK


ANYWAY///////
 
I still wanna know what the annonymous dilletante had to say??? Why am I lost in the shuffle here?
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?