Monday, May 16, 2005

Outside Hell's Backdoor


Watching and waiting in the hot sun. The rays burn more than I remember. I have to leave but I have no place to go as I'm always there. I'm always here.

In the first place, there was no one to meet me when the Greyhound stopped here. I was told there would be crowds and crowds of people. They wouldn't all be waiting for me, but I'd be lucky enough to not be alone. I can't believe this is the end of the line. Not so much as a hot dog stand. Jeeze, I could go for a slab of Chicago style pizza right now. Yeah, and a beer would be good too.

I don't mind being alone. Never have. It's, well, it's this sitting on a bloody hot bench just outside eternity that isn't looking like it's gonna hold any promise. For this I quit smoking.

Photo by Leo Posted by Hello

Comments:
Leo, this is a beaut. -Wolf
 
What? The pic or the rambling thoughts?
 
Well, I always enjoy your prose, but I was referring to the picture.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?