Thursday, September 15, 2005

All New Minglewood Blues

I was born in a desert, raised in a lion's den
I was born in a desert, raised in a lion's den
And my number one occupation is stealing women from their men

Well I'm a wanted man in Texas, busted jail and I'm gone for good
Well I'm a wanted man in Texas, busted jail and I'm gone for good
Well the sheriff couldn't catch me
But his little girl sure wished she would

Yes and the doctor call me crazy, some says I am some says I ain't
Yes and the doctor call me crazy, some says I am some says I ain't
The preacher man call me a sinner, but his little girl call me a saint

Well a couple of shots of whiskey, women round here start lookin' good
Well a couple of shots of whiskey, women round here start lookin' good
Couple more shots of whiskey, I'm goin' back to Minglewood

It's T for Texas, yes and it's T for Timbuctoo
It's T for Texas, yes and it's T for Timbuctoo
Yes and it's capital T for Tombstone
Where the little girls know what to do

-Noah Lewis 1928

Comments:
That guy with the Uncle Sam hat looks familiar. Were you in the movies or on TV?
 
What's up with this? Never heard this verse before. Who is this dude?
 
I am a long-time friend of Leopold. You probably remember me from my hiatus with "Mother McCree's Uptown Jug Champions." I played banjo. Later, I played pedal steel for the New Riders of the Purple Sage.

Remember the sweet steel on CSNY's "Teach your Children"? Yup, me too. I used to be "spiritual advisor" to the original Jefferson Airplane.

Many people remember me by my Prankster moniker, "Captain Trips".
 
Hmmmm.

Well, the acid must have been good anyway!
 
Yeah. Owsley is the man. Always was, always will be.
 
Is this Leo when he was younger?
 
Yeah. This was a pic taken of me by Herb Greene. It was just before the Pico acid test in LA back in March of "66.

Pigpen was hanging with Janis and neither would touch the rainbow that Owsley brought that night. They were the only ones there that didn't.

Ken got this big old sound studio off Fairfax, rented it for $150.00, and we started wailing around 8 that night. It seemed like 10 or 15 minutes. Then Pigpen started Jamming his way into "Midnight Hour" and Speed limit began a rap on the death of Hippie and it was suddenly 5:30 Sunday morning.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?