Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Jerry's Right Hand


I dunno. The guy's been dead for 10 years and I can still get a laugh out of him. Today was a lousy day in the desert, for me anyways. I guess I needed a little laugh to make things right with the world. I found this and I found it funny.

(Post script: Garcia lost the top part of his middle finger at the age of 5. His brother accidentally axed it off while the boys were cutting firewood on a camping trip. Later, Jerry's dad was killed, swept away by the undercurrent, while fishing in the Columbia river.)

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile...

Comments:
Is that story for real? Garcia should have been a blues musician. How do you do the animation
 
He was a blues musician, my errant friend.

The animation is magic.
 
What did Jerry play? The harmonica? Surely he wasn't a guitarist with that missing finger.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?