Tuesday, January 03, 2006


I was sitting down this morning, writing some New Year's resolutions. I vowed to quite gambling and drinking. I swore I'd quit philandering. I even said I'd quit taking the Lord's name in vain. But then Len called me and said, "Lar, Vince Lombardi once said, 'Quitters never win, and winners never quit.'" I was surprised at how much Lombardi's words, through Len, moved me. And so I lit a coffin nail, tore the goddamn resolutions up, and invited the town harlot out for cocktails.
Photo by Chester Arthur Burnett

Comments:
Issat your first born of the new year?

Recall, if you will, the fact that George Burns lived to be 100 (almost) and smoked cigars daily and swilled martini's as well. He was also known to keep company with some pretty sweet babes after Gracie passed. I guess Nathan Birnbaum, being one of the chosen people, could do no wrong. 100 almost is a damn good age.
 
Now all you gotta do is lose 30# and you'll live forever, unless someonekills you first.
 
Larry the Godfather.
 
Hmm, at least you're being consistent Lar - that's a positive thing, right? lol (just teasing of course)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?