Friday, May 19, 2006

Great-Grandfather


Dis here is my Grandfather Barker -- actually my mother's mother's father -- but that's what everbody calls him.

Came over from England in the late 1800s or early 1900s. Preached the gospel on the streets of the Bowery of NYC. Could play the piano and cornet simultaneously. Gifted watercolorist. Some of his works are housed in the Smithsonian.

Here's a piece of music he composed for piano. Sadly, he died in his 30s. Were he here today, I'm sure he'd be a blogger.


Comments:
Looks like he got all the hair in the fambly.

America lacks multi-talented young men like that. Now a days, multi-talented means a guy can play x-box, Gamecube, and Playstation.
 
Great grand pappy looks like a great guy. He has the shadow of a smirk on his face. Looks like he could have been a prankster along with all his other gifts.

Glad you liked the cartoons. I got lots of them. Watch for more.
 
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 
Great history and great picture.
I heard long time ago from my gland farther then he said my ancestor was Samurai but of course I don't have picture...
 
H.O., my friend, your strong face and deft handling of your blade (the camera) prove to me that the Samurai blood flows yet through your veins.


! keshite makenai !
 
Hi Mr.chronicler
Thank you :) I hope become samurai photographer.

"arigatou" :-)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?