Friday, June 09, 2006

Raison d'ĂȘtre

"I'm really into something bigger than life, do you know what I mean? It's really hard to explain. I was once Crown Prince of Moldavia and the Menschiveks took power in '66. The whole royal family was exiled, save me. They were dispersed all over the globe and I, yes, I remained to rout the scoundrels from my land. Then when I sent notice to the rest of the fambly, they were nowhere to be found. They'd all changed their names to things like Gottleib and Starkwell and stuff like that. So I alone am now entrusted with the lore and legends of my people. The peasants, God bless'em, call me Papa Ike. It's a nickname, see. I remind them of the noble warrior/president that saved America from the Truman years. Now, since living in Arizona these past 14 months, I don't really want to go back, having found my true niche as spiritual advisor to the Lion of Cochise. But they dog me, the peasants, with hundreds, nay, thousands of telegrams daily. They plead for my return to free them from the fetters of serfdom. I know, the Thomas Wolfe book says "You Can't Go Home Again" but I feel that I must. It's that and the blond babe with the hourglass shape that call me hence. No, maybe it's just the blond."

Comments:
What a manly looking man! And who is that dude on the right?
 
That's the Crown Prince of Moldavia, Theophlius III. Or are you speaking of the shadowy figure in the Tombstone background?
 
Notice the telephone on my hip? I cannot enter a Tombstone saloon without the doorman taking a close look at it. That is the legacy of Wyatt Earp.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?