Thursday, November 09, 2006

Bluetooth and Turquoise

Headin’ out from Mesa
Valley of the Sun
No stoppin’ for cerveza
On this midnight run

Baby calls me “Daddy”
Calls on my new Bluetooth
“Come and see me sometime
Miss you, that’s the truth.”

Turquoise ‘round her neck
Squash blossom on her heart
Bluetooth in my ear
We were fools to ever part.

Runnin’ up to Window Rock
My baby’s on my mind
Chasing home my dreams
Livin’ on Dineh time.
Ain’t been there with her
Since Bluetooth came around
Runnin’ up to Window Rock
I ain’t Chinle bound.

Baby calls me up again
When I hit ol' 254
Highway takes me home
Ain’t wandering no more.

Baby says “I’m waitin’”
Says, “Daddy what’s keepin’ you?
I been waitin’ here all lonely,
Lord knows I’m feelin’ blue.”

All of a sudden another call
Hits my new Bluetooth.
Baby up in Window rock cries
“Daddy, tell the truth.”

Runnin’ up to Window Rock
My baby’s feelin blue
Her sister’s callin’ me and now
I can’t tell what to do.
Her sister’s got a razor
A little bitty phone
She’s callin’ me to meet her
Lord, I ain’t never getting’ home.

I turn around my Mazda
on old 254
St. Michael’s is behind
Ain’t ahead of me no more.

Goin’ to the interstate
Fast as I can go
Winslow’s my destination now
Still too far I know.

Turquoise ‘round her neck
Squash blossom on her heart
Bluetooth in my ear
We were fools to ever part.


Comments:
Ha ha !

Pretty funny !!
 
Those are very catching lyrics - gotta admit, I read them last night before I went to sleep and they've been playing over and over in my head since then (thanks Leo, LOL =) ... are you writing music/chords to it too, that would be cool!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?