Thursday, November 09, 2006

chris


Chris is a custodian at my office. He is an expert on floor care, having practiced his trade for more than 30 years, including such places as Walter Reed U.S. Army Medical Center in Washington, D.C., where he was in charge of THE cleanup crew. Chris grew weary of mopping up after bloody surgeries, and so he moved to Nirvana (the great Southwest) like Leo and me.

Chris was an Army combat medic in Vietnam. We don't go there very often.

A Shreveport native, Chris is conversant on spiritual things, UFOs, the blues, professional basketball and football, and many other topics.

Chris and I agree that one day he and I will get to enjoy the ultimate waxed-and-buffed floor: the promised Streets of Gold.

Yes, gold so pure that it's transparent. Chris taught me that a properly stripped, waxed and buffed floor will significantly enhance the lighting in a room.

Can you just imagine those Streets of Gold? Chris and I can.

Comments:
Chris sounds like a cool person...thanks for sharing his story, Chroniclerio
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?